We at Stanhope Primary School are committed to providing a school where children, parents and staff are valued and where we give everyone the opportunity to feel good about their own achievements and the achievements of others, in an atmosphere of security, respect and confidence.
We will strive:
- To develop each child’s unique abilities and qualities in line with National Curriculum requirements;
- To give all children a firm foundation in the basic skills of language, literacy and numeracy;
- To give each child a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, differentiated to suit their individual needs;
- To ensure that everyone is happy, safe and valued;
- To promote high teacher expectations by using a range of teaching strategies;
- To forge trusting relationships with parents, carers, staff, governors and the local community;
- To ensure that there is equality of opportunity regardless of sex, colour, culture or ability;
- To create a happy, orderly school where people respect each other and show an understanding of different faiths and moral values;
- To promote a love for learning in all subjects;
- To promote, honesty, tolerance, compassion, respect, kindness and positivity;
- To enhance our school building and environment so that we can be proud of where we work;
- To find time to meet everyone’s needs in appropriate ways;
- To care for everyone connected with our school as we would a large, supportive family;
- To build on the long, respected tradition of Stanhope Primary School within the local community.